We are asking YOU to be 1 of the 500+ Free Throw Shooters for the 4th annual Free Throws for Kids (FTFK) event on April 1, 2017. Being a free throw shooter is fun, simple & requires very little time. Please sign up as a Free Throw Shooter now (simply click here and then click the “Register” button). You can then start sharing your page immediately to start raising money.
- What does it mean to be a Free Throw Shooter?
- Sigh of relief…a Free Throw Shooter takes very little time & effort! We know how busy you are so Free Throws for Kids (FTFK) makes it simple.
- You and your team DO NOT need to be good at shooting free throws!
- Your first responsibility is to simply sign up here as a Free Throw Shooter.
- At the event, collectively, your team will shoot 500 free throws. 10 people on a team = each person shoots 50 free throws.
- As a team, you need to raise at least $1,250. This may initially sound like a lot but don’t stress out…last year the average team raised $1,770! If you have 10 people on your team, each person simply has to raise $125 (if your team doesn’t already have 10 people help your Team Captain by asking your friends, family or neighbors to join your team). You will be very surprised by people’s generosity and support of our mission.
- FTFK provides you a team website where people can make online donations directly to you and your team. We have made it VERY simple & easy!
- FTFK also mails you an individual fundraising packet that includes 10 letters, donation cards and envelopes so you can mail these to friends, family, etc. to start raising money.
- All of these donation cards and checks are mailed directly to FTFK.
- FTFK will also email you weekly (once things get going) walking you and your team through the process and informing you of important event information.
- This year’s event is on Saturday, April 1st at the Lakota West High School Gymnasium in West Chester, OH.
- There will be three sessions. Your Team Captain has already signed up for one of these sessions (9:00 am – 11:00 am, 11:30 am – 1:30 pm and 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm).
- Awards and food will immediately follow each session at the same location. To make it fun and competitive, there will be prizes for:
- The team that raises the most money out of ALL sessions.
- The team with the highest percentage of free throws made (out of the 500 attempted) for each session.
- The “best shooter” contest at the end of each session (each team will nominate their best shooter).
- Invite friends, family and anyone else to the event. Bring your kids too…it’s VERY kid friendly. FREE popcorn and cotton candy for everyone. There will also be a $20 Hoop Contest for ANYONE to participate…including spectators, etc. For $20 you shoot 10 free throws, for each free throw you make you earn 1 raffle ticket. At the end of EACH session there will be awesome prizes (Keurig machine, Magic Bullet Blender and many special prize bags).
- Overall Timeline:
- By January 30 – sign up as a Free Throw Shooter.
- By February 10 – start raising money (we will send you ALL fundraising material).
- By March 8 – $750 due from each team.
- By March 22 – $1000 due from each team.
- April 1 – $1,250 due from each team & Free Throw for Kids event at Lakota West HS gym.
- Last year we had 59 teams and raised over $123,000 (our goal was $100,000).
- This year our goal is to have 72 teams! With 72 teams, sponsorship & general donations, our goal is again to raise over $130,000!!! We can reach more kids & families with this goal.
- The money raised shows hope and love by doing two very special and unique things. First, we surprise over 800 kids and families throughout the year at Cincinnati & Dayton Children’s Hospital…with care bags that include fuel cards, toiletries, books, cafeteria and food gift cards and more. Secondly, we will continue paying $1,500 each month for the Ronald McDonald House salad bar food. Each weekday, over 80 families now have a healthier eating option because of the Free Throws for Kids salad bar & ongoing food donation.
Words from a family last year….
“I just wanted to say thank you for what you have done! It is truly a blessing to me and my family. It’s good to know that there are still people in this world that care and are willing to help! Because of what you have done, you have allowed me to be able to see my other children that I have been away from for six months!” – The Tucker’s & Wright’s